Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Countdown

Great Grandma Johnson has given these countdown calendars to the grandkids for as long as I can remember. Russell really loves his and sometimes tries to trick us by saying "what's under Santa" or "the house" etc. It has been very fun seeing him excited to open a new door every morning this month. We took Russell ice skating today. I had fun skating him around, but it was just too cold for him in spite of our efforts to keep him warm and he didn't enjoy himself as much as I'd hoped. However, afterwards he said "skate fun, fun" so it wasn't that bad. Poor Natalie sat on the sidelines and froze.
Our latest project was finishing a table we got back in May from the DI. It was orange and beat up, so Natalie painstakingly sanded the detailed legs and I stuck to the big flat surfaces. Then I stained it and put several coats of varnish until it looked rather good we think.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and to all a Good Night!

No comments: