Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bugs and Birthday!

Russell loves this book that has pop-up animals and the like in it. This particular page sticks up farther than any of the others, and the bug on the end of the stick is too desirable! One day I was just joking and said "don't eat that bug!" So now almost every time he sees this page he pretends to eat the bug and then he pulls away and goes, mmmmm.
And the hat inside well lately he has been insisting on wearing it almost always. He even made me put him down for a nap with it on, and getting it off for bath has been a battle between us. But he doesn't give me trouble about it being on outside so I really don't mind. I let Russell play with my Tupperware that holds flour, sugar, ect. With supervision because he can get them open if he wants. The other day he pulled them all out and then all by himself I watched as he figured out how to stack them. It took a few minuets but I was impressed. He sat down and just admired his work. It really was amazing because it is taller than he is.
And this week was my Birthday and it was a great one. I was so busy I was almost not even home the whole day! But Chad even arranged to have some beautiful flowers secretly delivered. Both Russell and I love them, he wants to smell them every day! Chad also got me an attachment for my kitchen aid that makes noodles. I am so excited! It is going to save me so much time! Thank you hun!
But thanks to Mel, I didn't even have to make my own Birthday dinner, and she even made me a cake! Thanks Mel for all of your hard work!
Thank you family and friends I had a great Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Natalie.. Sorry its late!

Emily said...

What a smart kid you have Nat! I like the bug, mmmm!