Sunday, March 4, 2012

Russell is 3!

We had another great Birthday week around here. Russell had dinosaur birthday. He was so excited to blow out the candles.He had a great time opening gifts, what child doesn't like that? He loves everything! He got so excited about everything opened.
I know the dino is not great looking, but I did the best I could we played pin the tail, teeth and eye on the dino. Russell cheated.
Our friends the Allen's came over, Russell just loves them to death! Nate even got to help Russell and Chad with the archeology dig. I froze two small dinosaurs in ice and he had to break them out. We needed a smaller hammer.
We got a great deal on balloons and Russell was in heaven. We only did just a few for Autumn's birthday, because we knew that Russell would like it even more. We got one of the balloon time boxes that has the balloons and the helium in it and wow what a great deal. Not to mention that we got it on clearance, doesn't get much better than that, except for the pure joy of your child when he sees balloons on his chair!
This is the pin the tail on T-Rex.
Russell wanted a dinosaur birthday cake, which is why we did a dino party. I am quite pleased at how the cake turned out. No it is not a pan. I found a picture I liked on line and cut it out of a 9x13 cake. He turned out so cute. So to say the least I am very pleased with how the butterfly turned out last week and now the dinosaur.
For breakfast on his birthday, he wanted pancakes with sprinkles. So that is what he got. He Loved it!
On the eve of his birthday, he and Dad set up the tent and did a camp out in the living room, so when he woke in the morning it would be his birthday, Camping! He got to open 3 gifts on his actual birthday, because we did not celebrated till Saturday. He overall had a great time and loved everything, is a bit disappointed that he has to wait another year for another birthday, but will survive. Thank you all for cards and gifts!

4 comments:

reddhottredds said...

I can't believe he is 3!!! Oh, I remember when he was born! Andersen got that fishing game for Christmas, super fun!!! :) Happy birthday Russell!

rachele and jordan said...

Beckham wants a dinosaur party for his third birthday too. You're cake turned out so cute!

Sarah Sidwell said...

I can't believe he is 3 and I can't beliefs how cute that cake is!!! Yu are amazing!!

Melissa said...

The cake looks amazing! Way to go! It looks like a great party. I am sure that was one happy boy. You will have to tell me about this magical balloon box. I am so curious.